Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Thoughtful gifts from Nonsamran School

Last week, a package of 10 pieces of handwoven cotton cloth was sent to Panpim. Along with the cloths, some thank-you letters were enclosed.

We didn't hope or expect for such big gifts. I have reiterated a few times (with the school director) that we do not want anything in return. Letters of thanks will suffice.

So I am guessing that they sent these as tokens of their appreciations. After all, they are hand-woven by the villagers. On my trip there last December, I visited their small weaving shack.

It is very hard to decide who will receive these gifts. So after careful consideration, I think top 10 contributors will receive a piece. Mr. Em will receive my share.

I hate to weigh the choice based on "the monetary value," but there are no other ways to do it, and I hope everyone thinks this is fair.

The recipients of the cloths will be:

1. Mr. Ball
2. Mom and Dad, TX
3. Lenny and Kevin
4. My mother
5. Ms. Charupee
6. Num's family
7. Ms. Thim
8. Polly and Jim
9. The Californian donor
10. Mr. Em of Wattanapanich

Please forgive me for making the decision for all of you.

For those in the US, yours will be sent with Kathy when she comes visit in September.